Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spoon difficulties

We have these dainty little spoons for coffee.

We used to live next door to one of Amsterdam's most famous coffeeshops (the kind that sell drugs, I mean), and the waitstaff was nice enough to serve drinks right to our windowsill. In nice weather, they'd give us table service when we sat out front in our folding chairs claiming our piece of sidewalk.

Inevitably, some of the cups and saucers never made it back to them, but I don't know what the hell happened with the spoons. We must have 20 of them in addition to our own, but I still have a spoon problem.

We have a coffee maker called Senseo, that makes one cup at a time. I always make a cup, season it, and stir it, leaving the spoon somewhere on the counter so I can use it later for my next cup of coffee. I can never find it. I always see one or two sitting precariously close to the dirty dishes or next to the coffeemaker, and I'm never quite sure which is the one I just used, or if they have been there all night festering. So I take a new spoon. Repeat. I rinse them off afterwards, but they never seem quite clean enough. I shouldn't leave them on the counters at all. I should just use disposible stirrers, or something.

Maybe I can invent some kind of sugar stirrer MADE of sugar so it just disolves in your coffee, solving the problem! Naaaah. I'm just an idiot.

Whew. There's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

No comments: